ABC Alce Bologna Cucina
ABC cook in Italy | Alce Bologna Cucina
Experience the excellence in the most important gastronomic centre of Emilia
Hands on cooking classes with our professional Chefs right in the heart of the Italian Food Valley: Emilia Romagna.
These classes are designed to show you the secrets of Italian cuisine. Secrets that spring from the diverse histories of the country’s various places, all of which boast numerous regional and local specialties. Qualified chefs will help you prepare superb dishes, step by step.
The basic techniques are learned ‘over the stove‘ and at the table and at the end of each session there is the opportunity to taste exquisitecombinations of food and wine.
The whole process is then summarised in a cookbook for you to take away, which lists the techniques you have used and developed.
NEW: From October 2015, classes are held in our state-of-the-art fully equipped professional kitchen (with twelve individual workstations, a complete roster of utensils and appliances, and …a magnificent view on the famous Bologna roofs).
Our cooking lessons
You can register for a cooking class choosing from our varied selection of Traditional receipts. Among the others, this is just a sample list of the range of courses available at ABC, Alce Bologna Cucina:
- Bread and “Focacce”
- Pasta and rice dishes
- Meat dishes
- Fish dishes
- Vegetables and side dishes
- Sauces and Picked in oil
- Jams and canned fruits
“Menu oriented” courses are available too; some samples:
- Gluten free
- For children
- Natural and vegetarian
Culinary culture and the high professionalism of our chefs ensure a complete learning experience behind the burner. Participants can follow every step of the preparation of a recipe, from the food design on the plate to the final tasting, which takes place at the chef’s table in a relaxed atmosphere with other participants of the
course, with each person discussing and commenting on the final results.
Type and content of cousine courses
TAILOR MADE PROGRAMMES: “Just you and the Chef”
- One-to-one classes: individual tuition
- Two-to-one: same personalization for 2 students booking together
ALL YEAR ROUND GROUP COURSES | “Learning by doing” – LA CUCINA ITALIANA
- minimum 3, maximum 12 students per class
- 1 or 2 weeks and 3 classes per week (each session of 3 hours)
- 2 starting date every month | 3 starting dates on June, July, September
- can be combined with our wine tasting course
- courses taught by professional chefs in our fully equipped state-of-the-art kitchen
- final Lunch or dinner, with local wine
- personal insurance | ALCE apron | digital cookbook with Italian recipes
WEEK END AND SPECIAL COURSES ! “Cook on top of the roofs”
- Friday night: “Chef cousine”
- Saturday and Sunday: “menu oriented classes”
- Monday morning: “menu Gourmet” (for “advanced” learners)
BASIC TECHNIQUES COURSE OF ITALIAN CUISINE
Basic Techniques and Fundamentals; Meat, Fish, Fruits and Vegetables cooking Techniques; Introduction to Sensory Analysis; Fundamentals of HACCP; Fundamentals of Nutrition
- Module 1 | 7 classes (3 hours each): “ABC – the first steps”
- Module 2 | 3 classes (3 hours each): “dolcezza – the basic pastry”
- Module 3 | 7 classes (3 hours each): “one jump ahead”
Closed groups and courses for companies
- pre arranged and scheduled classes for groups (3 to 20)
- language translators available (English, German, French, Spanish, Russian, Japaneese, Portuguese, Chinese)